CO-FOUNDERS & EXECUTIVES OF THE WORLDWIDE INTERNET ECONOMY PIONEER USWEB/CKS UNITE TO BACK INTERNASA
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 8, 2017 — Salt Lake City, UT
The International Academy of Science and Arts (http://InterNASA.org) announced today that General Managers & Vice Presidents who led USWeb/CKS operations spanning Washington D.C., New York, Atlanta, Austin, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and its original headquarters in San Jose, have joined global trustees who’ve placed $8+ million of founding capital to create the ‘Bells Labs Group’ of the third millennium.
“I was one of thousands who formed USWeb/CKS and helped architect the first Internet systems and sites for a majority of Fortune 100s. Many of my colleagues are proud to join forces with world-leading scientists and artists in an extensive effort to advance breakthrough propulsion, clean energy and the new economy that supports their adoption,” said Alex Hawkinson, most recently the founder of Smart Things, acquired by Samsung in 2016.
InterNASA’s founder and CEO, Joseph Firmage, considered a father of the concept of Apps and a pioneer of the Internet Economy, has for the last 20 years has been researching and developing advanced propulsion physics and carbon-free energy generation. Today he stated, “It has been a profound and humbling privilege to have engaged thousands of the brightest minds alive to assist in the development of these enterprises and institutions. Key leaders have accepted authority to organize and drive major programs deriving from the Academy. I have the highest respect for each of these leaders, and it is with their partnership that InterNASA is now unveiling the public phase of its trajectory. I am fortunate to have launched a number of successful businesses, which have created billions in wealth for many, but this Academy is of an entirely different level of significance, and has quietly been at the core of my life.”
Paula Collins, formerly General Manager of USWeb Atlanta during Firmage’s leadership of the consulting giant USWeb/CKS from its founding in 1995 through its $3+ billion value by 1999 said, “Every time I talk with Joe, he expands my mind – and sometimes he blows my mind. Like today. I continue to be amazed by the balance of his brilliant mind and his big heart. As an investor I’m grateful to have helped Joe and his team advance the Academy of Science and Arts. We worked together 20 years ago to change the world, and it looks like round two of a world-changing alliance.” Paula has joined the Board of Trustees of the Academy.
InterNASA has appointed over a dozen Chairs of multidisciplinary organizations to head its Enterprises and Institutions. “This ‘Class Reunion’ not only protects and promotes methodologies and technologies for the new millennium, but has expanded its leadership from the Internet Economy pioneer USWeb,” said Dr. Charles L. Dickens M.D., President. “InterNASA is designed to be a living and evolving primer, protector and the agency of choice for furtherance of inventions from the finest minds alive.”
Among the Committee Chairs are:
- Joseph P Firmage is chairman and CEO of the Academy and its two primary Enterprises, ManyOne and Motion Physics
- Noted climate scientist Robert Corell is the vice chairman of the Academy, and chairman of the Sustainable Ecology Committee.
- Leading physicist David Hestenes is the chairman of the STEM Reform & Science Modeling Committee.
- Worldwide business pioneer and expert in corporate finance and all scales, Mr. James N. Cutler Jr. is the chairman of the Finance Committee.
- Noted philosopher Ken Wilber is the chairman of the Integral Studies Committee.
- Legal scholar Edwin Firmage Sr. is the chairman of the Human Rights Committee.
- Psychologist, business and philanthropy leader Gloria Paramore is the chairwoman of the Humanitarian Programs Committee.
- Technology and Integral science pioneer Robert Richards is the chairman of the Human Futures Committee.
- Business and Integral theory teaching leader Terry Patten is the chairman of the Cultural Evolution Committee.
- Government, technology and legal expert David Shaw is the chairman of the Legal & Public Affairs Committee
- MIT Physics Alumnus and expert in advanced research into breakthroughs in energy & propellant-less propulsion, and the nature of inertia and gravitation, Mr. Eric Hermannson is the chairman of the Research Committee
- President and financial executive of the Integral Institute, founded by world-renowned philosopher Ken Wilber, Mr. Colin Bigelow is the chairman of the Grants Committee.
A new operating division, InterNASA Ventures, to be responsible for specific, high-level strategic partnerships across industry and government, will be announced in coming days.
James N. Cutler Jr., founder of Hollywood Video and Waste Connections to name a few stated, “I have been part of the Executive Leadership teams of multi-billion dollar companies. I know what it takes to be successful. Joe Firmage has what it takes to be successful, and has organized what I believe to an absolute Dream Team to lead this extraordinarily important institution.”
The Academy’s primary mission is to improve the human condition through the advancement of science, technology, engineering, mathematics and digital arts. This movement is spearheaded by world-renowned physicist Dr. David Hestenes, Director of the STEM Modeling Institute (SMI), supported by InterNASA. Hestenes stated, “SMI is dedicated to rapid, deep and sustained STEM education reform at national and international scales. It will support implementation and extension of a strategic program that was designed, built and tested with substantial funding from the National Science Foundation. The program is grounded in a research-based science pedagogy called Modeling Instruction, now adopted by thousands of teachers across the United States, who created their own organization, the American Modeling Teachers Association (AMTA), to sustain it.
Vice Chancellor of InterNASA, Dr. Robert Corell, a primary figure within the International Panel on Climate Change, stated, “I am proud and grateful to be working with the Academy. What inspires me most is that the technologies it is pioneering have the realistic potential of quickly and massively impacting a global climate emergency that otherwise may already be destined to threaten human-friendly conditions on Earth.”
The International Academy of Science and Arts is an umbrella institution with the mission of advancing breakthrough science research, education, and consequential sustainable economic development worldwide. The Academy is in the process of launching in several stages, and may be tracked at InterNASA.org.